This smoothie packs a nutritional punch, and is sure to add an extra kick in your step!
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1-2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup milk or dairy replacement (personal favorite: hemp or almond milk)
2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
1 high speed blender
* Makes 1 16 oz. smoothie
Combine all ingredients in blender, pouring the milk or dairy replacement in last. Blend on high speed until contents are smooth. Pour and enjoy!
This smoothie is very versatile so feel free to make it your own by switching up the greens or making other modifications as you see fit.
As you hear the sound of your pencil, madly etching away in your notebook through the night, or the clicking and clacking of your keyboard becomes the only thing you can hear, remember,
Brains! not Brawn! Sounds pretty obvious when referring to studying, right? Well, surprising as it may be, a lot of people chose the path of most resistance when it comes to studying. Maybe it’s because we were never taught the most effective way to study, maybe it’s because we fell asleep in 1st period advisory class when this was taught…. regardless! Let College Housing dawn the cape and shiny spandex and save your studying habits in distress. To make sure you’re getting the most out of your study time, here are some rules to follow:
1.) Learn the most important facts first!
Read the introduction, headers, side notes, and summary of a chapter before just running headfirst into it. This will help you better understand what you’re supposed to be learning while you go through the chapter.
2.) Healthy eating during studying is great for energy!
Put down the Cheeto’s and Coca-cola, and pick up an apple and some trail-mix! This may have made your taste buds run to the back of your mouth and hide, but, avoiding foods that will result in an energy crash will help you study longer, harder! Also, foods that have slow-releasing carbohydrates like oats, all non-starch vegetables, and fresh fruits are the best examples of good study snacks.
3.) Use what you know!
When you’re able to tie something you’re learning, to something you already know, this greatly increases your chance of converting it to long term memory. Mnemonics may seem silly, but they work! Like the order of operations – “Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally”, or the Alphabet song. These are both great examples of mnemonics.
So, before you reach for the 7th cup of coffee, or labor on for the 8th or 9th hour of straight studying, realize, there’s a better way to do this! For more information on helpful studying tips,
Click on Picture to Enlarge
Our homes are the perfect place to relax, refresh and recharge. Quality home life can be reflected within grades, relationships, and career. To help maximize potential success, here are 3 design and organization tips for your home.
- De-clutter your home. Some people go through a stage where storing everything is a necessity. It is important to know that removing an item from our physical space doesn’t remove the memory or value, but allows us to process those memories in a more organized space due to fewer distractions. Go through your house, apartment, or room and create 3 piles: Keep, Maybe, and Pass Along. Keep items that are of absolute importance, look again through the maybe pile, and finally pass along all those amazing items to others so they may experience the joy.
- Create spaces. Sit and look at your space. Ask yourself, “Is this functional?”. It’s important to have clear and functional spaces within our larger space. Your office or study area should separate from your living room or bedroom. The kitchen should not live within the office. Creating spaces doesn’t mean hiring an architect, it simply means to use what you have and make it work. Turn a large living area into a living room and study area by using the furniture to outline the space. See through bookshelves are a great item to separate space without losing light or boxing in the area.
- Organize. Make sure to always have items that you use more in everyday settings out and easily accessible. Using boxes, containers, shelves, and hooks can be a great way to organize content while giving your apartment or home a unique style.
Having a home that has been de-cluttered, organized, and filled with functional space will allow you to recharge in your home, while also experiencing high quality study time. In the end, you will have a happy and clean home and the grades to prove it.
Made for Two
Ever get a hankering for something peanut buttery and sweet but struggle to justify making an entire batch of cookies for just you and your roommate? This recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without over doing it!
2 tbsp. softened butter
2 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
3 tbsp. chunky peanut butter
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 tbsp. flour
1 egg yolk
1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugars.
3. Stir in peanut butter.4. Add the egg yolk.
5. Stir in baking soda and pinch of salt.
6. Finally, add the flour and stir until a loose dough is formed.
7. Roll dough into two golf ball sized balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
8. Use a fork to flatten the cookie dough balls. First press the fork vertically, then horizontally for acrisscross pattern.
9. Bake for 8 min or until golden brown.
Enjoy this delectably sweet treat with your roommate! Repeat as necessary to satisfy your craving.
One would think that hello, or one of its many synonyms, would be a common word used in English today. But, it does not even make the Top 100 commonly used words. We live in this unique world called “Academia” and within this blizzard world we are surrounded by other human-beings with the same goal: graduation. Being in college is more than earning your degree. It’s about the process and the connection we make– yes, even those connections we make after we shut our textbooks. To start this connection, we must say something along the line of hello. This short 5-letter word will change their and your own lives from that point forward. Imagine this, you are walking with a friend to your next class and your friend happens to see someone they know. Upon introductions, a hello is uttered, you are now involved in each others lives. “Hello” is more than a greeting, it’s a life changer. How, you ask? Neither party has an idea of what the other person had going on, but for one second, a stranger said hello. That at-first-awkwardness after saying “Hello” will fade and eventually both of you will be smiling, forever changing lives. Make a friend, make a connection, and forever change your life.
Free 50" Flat Screen T.V.
Free Mounted 50" Flat Screen T.V with One Year Lease
FOR ALL 2 BEDROOM SUITES DURING 2015-2016 SEMESTER OFFER EXPIRES DECEMBER 15, 2014
Welcome to Your New Home Furry Friends!
Pet Friendly Community
We have expended our pet friendly listings. Residents of our community will now be able to enjoy the benefits of pet companions.
Tips on Programing Your Mind Set To Relax
Mind sets are mental plains that people operate on a daily basis. This means new and reinforced connections are simultaneously shaping your health, habits, and the way you interact with yourself and others. Time away from the day-to-day grind such as meditation, exercise and light sleep are opportune times to unwind. Most of our waking activity is spent in the beta zone of brain waves, or about twenty cycles per second. When we are in a relaxed, meditative state, our brain waves are functioning thirteen cycles per second. This is the state we want to program our mind sets. We’re an impatient society, we want immediate results for most things we do. To change a condition and program new mind sets, it requires self-discipline for gradual results.
Here are five tips when programming a mind set in a meditative state:
1. Put aside 10-15 minutes for deep relaxation.
2. Find a comfortable chair. Try not to lie down or sleep. You want to get in the habit of being able to quickly go into deep meditative states; at your desk, in class, bench, etc.
3. Tell yourself that you are going into deep relaxation, that you are going to program your mind, your body, and your life. There are no exact words or phrases to tell yourself.
4. Once you find yourself in this deep state, the motives and outcomes are completely dependent on the person. Perhaps being successful in school is one, having the courage to tell someone how you feel, buying that special something you’ve always wanted, thinking of friends or family and how to maintain those relationships. Saying to yourself, “Today, I will raise the self-esteem of at least one person”. Any number of things that are important to a person are worth thinking about in this deep state.
5. Once satisfied with said programming, slowly exit the deep state and regain your outer self. Make sure to have the self-discipline to set aside time again and make it an important part of your life.
Results may vary. After a meditative period, things may seem to go as they did before. You may become irate at a group member in a project, yell at some person for cutting you off at that turn, and feel anxious about that upcoming test. Gradual changes take time, yet subtle strides can accrue overtime to life-changing results. Mind programming and mind sets will enhance your memory, perception, concentration, and charisma. And most importantly, it puts you in control of the rudder to condition and chart your life.
We Love our tenates and will be offering You exclusive coupons, and contest.
To Claim Your Tanning Package You Must Call Us First!
Post A Message To Your Friends, Family Or Crush On Our Center Street Digital Billboard
Text book Hunting
When and how you buy and sell your textbooks is a fickle thing. Some students say they will feel out the first week of class before committing, ride the coat tails of a friends text, or even avoid buying textbooks completely. And should we solely buy our textbooks from the FSU bookstore? One thing is for sure, a person develops their own system for where and when to buy their textbooks. With that said, lets look at a few routes to take before you make the deep plunge into your precious college savings. Amazon provides the best book exchange deals for students. The reason being, Amazon is used by college students from all over, making it the quickest and most accessible resource to use. Shipping is relatively cheap, and quick if orders are made a week before the term. This includes selling books back to Amazon. The FSU bookstore buybacks severely undercut the original book price and often don’t even buy it back because of new editions. Dollar for dollar, you save more using Amazon to buy and sell your textbooks. Another resource commonly used is the buddy system; via personal contact or social media. Facebook pages have been made such as “Free & For Sale” to post all sorts of items and deals. Textbooks can also be found on these pages. This makes for an even quicker transaction, especially because both parties are likely to be within a 10-15 minute proximity. Bottom line is that the FSU bookstore certainly offers you all the required texts you need, but it is certainly not the only option. Consider other ways to acquire your textbooks next term so you are not feeling short on money right from the start.
Dear Residents and Family,
We hope that we have provided an enjoyable living experience. The fall semester may not be over, but we are already in the midst of planning for the next academic year. By renewing now, you can secure a spot in any one of Evergreen facilities before the university-wide open leasing season begins in January. We anticipate a strong demand for off-campus housing next year and there are a limited number of suites. Residents who take advantage of the renewal process not
only ensure a suite for next year, but also secure their preferred suite style. Certain suite styles fill up quickly, so it is important to act soon. You are more than welcome to return to the same residence with the same roommates, the same residence with new roommates, or an entirely new residence with Evergreen Associates.
To begin the renewal process for Fall 2015, you must complete the Renewal Intent Card on our website. All current Evergreen residents are to complete this form
to let us know your housing intentions for next year, even if you don’t plan on living in an Evergreen Suite. Once the Renewal Intent Card is completed, we will
contact you to set up an appointment to complete the signing of the lease agreement. To complete the Renewal Intent Card, or for more information, visit www.FrostburgHomes.com.
If we do not receive a response by November 15, 2014, we will began showing your apartment to potential renters. We always give a 24 hour notice before our
entry to into the suites. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation through this process
New Director of Property Management
This past weekend, Allegany Magazine featured our new Director of Property Management, Daniel Witter, in their section “I AM Allegany." Congratulations, Daniel!
We are pleased to have Witter join our team. He brings energy and modern technology to the workplace. He was previously employed by FrostburgFirst, the Main Street Program, working in City Hall. There, he developed public-private partnerships to enhance the business district. Witter has an extensive background in small business consulting and reorganizing community outreach programs. Daniel's desire is to make Evergreen the best place for students to live, learn and grow. He will enhance our ability to provide quality customer service, while promoting elegant homes that are energy efficient.