Frequently Asked Questions


How does my son/daughter apply?

  • The first step is to complete an application in our leasing office. From there, we will review the different housing options we offer. Once a floor plan is chosen, we will draw up a lease contract.

How are rent payments made?

  • Rent can be paid by check or money order in person or through the mail. Our convenient resident portal can be used to make a rent payment online:  


Will my son/daughter be guaranteed a parking space?

  • We do offer regular and visitor parking spaces.


Is a cosigner for the lease required?

  • Yes, a parent or guardian over the age of 18 must submit all completed guarantor paperwork within 7 days of a signed lease agreement and must pass a credit check.


What if my son/daughter does not have a roommate but would like one?

  • Not a problem! Evergreen provides FREE roommate matching. All students will fill out a detailed roommate matching profile and will be placed with the best match.
  • What if they don’t get along? We will send out roommate letters before they move in, this way they have time to get to know each other. If a different roommate is still requested, we will provide the lease holder with a set of options based on open spaces in the community.


How close is the community to the universities?

  • All of our units are located within 2-5 blocks of Frostburg State University. 


Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft, or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?

  • Evergreen's insurance will not cover your personal belongings. We suggest getting renter’s insurance for this reason. It is generally inexpensive and will cover your personal belongings if something were to happen.


What if my son or daughter needs to break their lease or does not return for the Spring/Summer Semesters?

  • Evergreen's  lease is binding and cannot be broken. If you cannot live at the unit after signing your lease, you will need to re-let, or find a replacement for your space. Please call the leasing office for information on re-letting.